Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's cool in Cape Cod...

Tim once read that the single biggest reason people don't follow through on their plans to go cruising is grandchildren. After spending 10 days with mine, I do understand that. The big difference for us is that our grandchildren don't live near us, and the boat will be a way to get to them. Two weeks ago we had the chance to offer both my middle daughter and our 2 oldest grandkids the chance to experience their first sail. (My daughter's one comment was that it seemed like a lot of hard work.) It was a wonderful peek at the life I'm working towards by living on Nomad. I'm hoping one day in the not too distant future to be anchored out off their beach and to be able to take the dinghy in to shore to spend the evening with them on the beach, or to be able to go for a Saturday afternoon sail up to P-town, or to be able to meet my oldest daughter's family in Florida for their annual vacation. In the mean time, I'm enjoying the practice on our little lake and the occasional (thought not often enough) visit of our grandkids. Here's some pictures and a video for you to enjoy.





No comments: