Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Weekend Pictures

I spent most of the weekend sleeping, trying to knock this cold out of my system. As a result, Tim spent most of the weekend single-handing, depending on me only for the occasional manning the helm while he tacked. This was a gracious nod on his part, as he was clearly able to handle it on his own but just wanted to make me feel a little better.

I did manage to squeeze a few pictures in during those rare "bursts" of energy I had (meaning I was actually able to stand up for 2 minutes at one time). Since I was basically in a fog the rest of the weekend, the pictures will have to do for now.

Our visiting Pelican friends

 


 


One of the most amazing things I've ever seen. The pelicans lined up in this perfectly spaced line and flew within feet of the water surface. Absolutely stunning.

 


One loner left behind while he was stuffing his jowels with fish. If you're ever bored and want a laugh, read the children's book Round Robin

 


 


It was a little nippy - Tim in his new foulies

 


We were doing 5.5 knots downwind at one point wing-on-wing

 


I can't help but laugh when I look at this picture. It reminds me of Tim's folks' chairs side-by-side in their living room.

 


A little different view out our front door though...

 


And our picture window isn't quite as large

 

No comments: