Saturday, January 9, 2010

Allergic to Landlubbing

I've decided I'm allergic to landlubbing. The day we got home from the boat show in October I got sick with a really bad cold/flu that may have been a version of the piggy flu. It took me all of the way to the middle of December to declare I was over it. That would be my first mistake.

We traveled to Pittsburgh to visit the various branches of our family over the New Year's weekend and I managed to bring home a virulent version of the cold that was pervasive throughout the Pittsburgh area. It's now 5 degrees outside (not including the wind chill which is taking it to -20) and I am spending the weekend on the sofa bed doing absolutely nothing till Monday morning so I can try to beat this thing. I'm well stocked with Constant Comment tea, Puffs lotion tissues, Vicks vapo rub, a large pump dispenser of Germ-X and the best blessing of the century, a husband who knows how to build a terrific fire and folds a mean load of laundry.

For the next 48 hours I'm going to sit here looking at boats and reading Cruising World magazines, and wishing desperately for some fresh air and sunshine to blow this virus away.

No comments: