Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wanderings vs wonderings

My normal airplane ride is in the shop. Whenever I start to chaff at how much work Nomad takes, I just remember the airplane. It will be down for about 3 weeks to undergo a major airframe inspection. Barely 36 hours in and I have already authorized about $100,000 in additional repairs. I'm glad it is OPM (Other People's Money)! Anyway, even with my ride parked I am off to Nebraska tonight on a contract trip. Home tomorrow if I don't freeze to death first. (It will be something like 8 degrees for the low where I am headed. Ouch.) This weekend is the "No Boat" party with friends from the marina, we hope to spend Sunday working on Nomad, and next week is wanderings around from home to the maintenance shop to the office to my home airport, round and round...and with good hope that bigger and bigger parts of more and more weekends will be spent on the boat.

With all of these wanderings Deb and I have started to do some wondering as well. Wondering what the trip on the Fourth will be like. Wondering if a 38 foot boat will turn out to be long enough to actually live on. Wondering if we can get tear ourselves away from the boat enough this summer to get some of the needed work done on the house, (I didn't do too good on house projects this winter)...

...and wondering if we could be on the water by the summer of 2011?

It's just a thought, a curiosity if you will. It isn't a statement of intent, not a goal, nothing I'll feel bad about if we don't do. But I wonder?

No comments: