Monday, March 8, 2010

March 8, 1975

On this day 35 years ago I was a lot colder. It was blustery and gray and 36 degrees, not the 56 it was today. How do I remember this? Because 35 years ago today I was walking down the aisle in my "hippy" wedding dress, complete with fresh daisies in my hair. No one thought we would make it, and in fact, were quite vocal about announcing it, but alas 35 years and we are still at it.


It's been a grand adventure. 3 kids, 5 grandkids, 17 houses, more jobs than I can count (and I mean that literally - I tried and failed), one serious car accident, multitudinous pets, umpteen motorcycles, and one sailboat later we are still dreaming and planning and working hard to a goal. That is, after all, the secret to our success. We are best friends who would rather spend time with each other than anyone else, and we always have a dream. I can absolutely not think of another person I would rather share it with than this man who 35 years ago today looked at me and said "I do."

Happy Anniversary T-bo.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Congrats! Time does fly.