Sunday, June 13, 2010

A beautiful thing

We spent a good bit of last weekend sanding and refinishing a few pieces of teak on Nomad.  It had been raining a lot since then so when I got to the marina Friday night it was with great pleasure that I saw the water beaded up on our 4 coats of polyurethane.  You see, I got very tired of doing the annual Cetol thing so we've been gradually converting over the whole boat to polyurethane so we can get a few years out of it.  You can't see in this picture, but the polyurethane really made the grain pop.  It's beautiful in the sunlight.

The teak wasn't the only beautiful thing this weekend.  The whole weekend was perfect, a nice birthday present for me since my birthday is tomorrow.  We had a couple really terrific sails, 2 times of sailing to anchor without the motor ( a huge deal for me, the newbie who really likes to have the engine to depend on), one first of sailing off the anchor (again without the motor), excellent time with good friends, and good food. One of our friends made the comment "It's like being on vacation every weekend.  And that it is.  Too bad vacation has to end with Monday morning...

No comments: