Friday, February 25, 2011

A Shameless Plug

OK I'm going to take a break from all things boat buying and house selling and give you all something I rarely do on this blog - a shameless plug for a truly amazing boat product. They're called Lock and Lock containers (not the most original name I agree, but it does get the point across).  They are airtight and as far as I can tell, watertight as well.  They have a silicone seal around the top edge of the lid and you snap down 2 handles on each long side and then snap down 2 handles on each short side.  The one I have has a lift-out plastic grate on the bottom and with the grate in place you can fill the box with cut vegetables and they will be exactly as fresh a week later as the day you put them in there.  They also work great for cut meat and cheese and cut fruit and a whole host of other things that cruisers are always trying to keep fresh on a boat.  They also stack, a rather handy little feature in volume-challenged boat refrigerators.  I highly recommend them to both land and water based galley workers.  Lock and Lock are the best!

No comments: