Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lists

I've been accused of being a compulsive list maker.  I'm sure that my neat piles of To Do and To Buy and To Take lists spread over the kitchen counter have something to do with that.  I've found over the years that list making helps lower my stress level a good bit because it relieves me of the need to constantly remember everything that needs done, and when you have 3 children underfoot there are copious amounts of things to remember, so my list making has become ingrained habit.  The problem with list making is that it constantly reminds you of everything that needs done, and when you have 3 children underfoot there are copious amounts of things to be reminded of, and little space for anything else in your consciousness.  So as I worked my way down my pre-list-the-house-on-the-market-have-to-do-to-stage-the-house-so-somebody-says-WOW list, this week, one of the items was shredding vast amounts of old paperwork like old tax returns, medical bills, etc.  Stuck in the middle of our 1993 tax return (don't ask me how I have no idea) was a small sheet of memo paper with a To Do list on it from, not surprisingly, my preparation to sell our house in PA and move to AZ.  The list completely blew me away because I realized suddenly how absolutely wonderful it is to be married to a man that can see past the lists and concentrate on what's important.  How unbelievably, incredibly wonderful it is to be sharing this adventure with someone like him.

1 comment:

KAR said...

Ahhh... He's so sweet!