Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thanks

I was doing my daily Google Reader perusal and it occurred to me how grateful I am for all the blogs out there that have helped us so much in our preparation to go cruising. I've gleaned so much info from them, been encouraged to keep going when the V-drive going got rough, been entertained, and in some small way included in the cruiser community even though we're not official cruisers yet. The one thing I've never been is ridiculed by any of them. My comments and questions (loads of them) have generated thoughtful, encouraging responses in every case.  If you're thinking about The Dream, please visit these cruisers who have been so helpful to us and let them know we sent you. These are just a few of the ones I follow, but have been the most influential.

Veranda

Zero to Cruising

S/V Third Day








Zach Aboard

Windtraveler

Windborne in Puget Sound

Toast Floats

Dream Catcher (yes they have weasels on board)

Lattitude 43








Del Viento

S/V Just a Minute (crew Rudy)

Ceilydh Sets Sail

Attainable Adventure Cruising (S/V Morgan's Cloud)

Anastasia

Three at Sea

If you're a cruiser already, never underestimate how much your experience means to those of us in the planning stages. As you already know, it's an overwhelming thing to try and sometimes we lose all hope of succeeding and your kind words keep us on track.  So keep them coming, and Thanks!


3 comments:

Latitude 43 said...

Aww shucks, you're welcome guys. Wait, I offered encouragement? I'll have to show this to my psychiatrist.

I never get this praise over at the Resentment Project, but that's a whole different crowd.

S/V Asilomar - Stephen Luta said...

Might I suggest these YouTube video blogs, all are excellent, entertaining and very informative.
svvelocir
drakePargon
vega1860
aagrama1
lenchenschannel

Deb said...

Thanks for the video blog list Stephen. Some of them are pretty good.