Sunday, March 3, 2013

They're done. Really.

I decided to make arm rests for the settees today. The boat originally had the end pieces on it that were the same height as the backs, something of which I have never been a fan. I wanted real arm rests that were arm height to rest your elbow on while reading a book, or to lay your head on when stretching out on the settee. I did snap them to the walls like the backs just to keep them in place underway, but otherwise they are movable. Honest. I'm really done with them this time.


6 comments:

Sabrina and Tom said...

Very nice. Great job!

~~_/)~~
Sabrina

Deb said...

Thanks! The headrests have been tested for full-length resting on the settee and have passed with flying colors.

LittleCunningPlan.com said...

Beautiful job! They look very comfy, too.

Capt. Mike said...

Did you have prior experience sewing? I have been thinking about taking it up for canvas with a sailrite machine but have absolutely no experiance. Your stuff all looks so professional.

Deb said...

Mike,

I've been sewing for over 40 years. If you have no experience I would suggest starting with something simple and finding someone around you with experience to help you a little. Sailrite has a ton of fantastic video tutorials but they do assume you have some prior knowledge of basic sewing skills.

Capt. Mike said...

I suspected you weren't new at this. Your cushions and canvas look professional. Should be a great way to make some money along the way.
Mike
S/V Zoe